From The Designer KernowBrix:
This is Locomotive section of the Emerald Night Class A2 collection by KernowBrix. It’s our take on the Emerald Night set by Lego, the wheel setup is the same and stands at 4-6-2. It is designed to be tender powered and has been built with lights in mind. It can be powered by the older 9v train motor, power functions motor or the new powered up motor. The instructions show for the powered up motor by it is easy enough to modify for the other motors and controls and has been designed with this in mind. The train has a fire door that can be opened and the flames altered to run a cable for lights from the powerpack in the tender or you can rig your own lights or buy our KernowBrix Lighting Solutions which does not require a cable from the tender and has its own battery.
Inspiration for this build was taken from the original Emerald Night by Lego. Emerald Night was supposedly based on the Flying Scotsman. We therefore did a little research on the Flying Scotsman and its counterpart locomotives of its class and decided to use the Gresley / Peppercorn A2 Class as further inspiration, this, the Emerald Night Class A2, is the result. During our research it was found that the Flying Scotsman at one point had a double tender setup and we liked the look.
- Made of high quality, eco-friendly ABS plastic which is odorless and has no rough edges.
- 1197 parts. The parts are compatible with other building block brands, being neither too tight nor too loose.
- Detailed PDF manual on USB drive.
- The parts in this MOC set are sorted manually and all care is taken.
- If there are any missing or damaged parts, please contact us for FREE replacement.